Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Story by Any Other Name...

...would read as sweet. When I dream of writing, I dream of intricate characters intertwining their emotional desperations with the bravado's of strength they attempt to maintain. The problem quickly becomes - each character cannot get what he or she wants without exposing the vulnerability that consumes them.

When I practice writing, I do the same. I search for characters that feel. Characters that experience the emotional travails we all go through at some point in our lives. Rich characters make great stepping stones for stories marinated in passion.

When actually writing, I find these ideals elusive. The mission is to achieve that perfect story, the one that makes the young girls sigh and the old women cry. One day I'll write it. I'll know it, and you'll know it. Until then, follow my trek and let me know if I'm on the right path.

Each post on this blog is a rose petal peeled off its stem, falling to some destination unknown. Sometimes the petals will fall to the ground and rot like our bodies one day will do. Other times the petals will fall upon willing eyes that take in their plight and give them life through readership. Some will fall into the hands of evil and perverse people who would tear down all hope for the writer if his destiny lay in their hands. Others will nurture the petals with helpful comments and encouraging words. And so goes the petals that fall.

Walk with me through the world of writing. The stroll should be most entertaining!

DarkThorn

http://www.roguesgallerywriters.blogspot.com/
http://www.michaelrayking.com/

1 comment: